Traditionally service reservoirs and other potable water storage assets have been considered as places where water quality is at best maintained, but we are now changing industry perceptions by offering a range of in tank solutions that improve water quality out in the distribution network.
By combining a key partnership with US firm PAX Water Technologies and in-house Dead Spot Sampling™ techniques we can assess how the water in your asset behaves and where required specify a low-energy and chemical-free solution.
- PAX Mixers use biomimicry to provide a low energy and chemical free solution minimising operational costs.
- The elimination of dead spots through mixing creates uniform water age and quality, resulting in more predictable networks.
- Improved circulation allows for more efficient disinfection lowering chlorine use.
- By reducing sediment deposition cleaning frequencies can be extended.
- Due to their compact size, PWM 100 mixers can be installed live using robotic equipment.
Read some mixer case studies on the PAX Website
THM Removal System (TRS)
- With future allowable limits for THMs expected to reduce many water companies are considering their reduction strategies.
- PAX’s TRS system combines three non-chemical in tank interventions that provide guaranteed removal rates.
- When compared to other solutions the PAX TRS system offers a lower cost and flexible solution.
- With a typical lead time from site investigation to commissioning of 3-6 months allows water companies to address specific challenges.
- If needed the TRS system can be moved to another asset if required.
Read the Scottish Water Case Study Case Study
The PAX Residual Control System (RCS) is a smart and automated disinfectant residual boosting system that gives water operators the ability to set and precisely control disinfectant residual levels in water storage tanks and key locations in the water distribution system.
Benefits of Mixers & TRS Systems
|PAX Mixers||TRS System||RCS System|
|Improves disinfection efficiency||X||X||X|
|Eliminate thermal & chemical stratification||X||X||X|
|Reduce sediment deposition||X||X||X|
|Retard biofilm growth||X||X||X|
|Prevents excessive water aging||X||X||X|
|Provides guaranteed THM removal||X|
|Allows complete disinfection solution||X|
Subscribe to EddyVision our online media channel! We’ll never sell or share your email address, and you can unsubscribe at any time.